It’s #wellnesswednesday, so…. taking care of your hair from the inside out.
Strong healthy hair has less to do with the high end products and expensive hair salon appointments than you think. Keeping a good diet by eating a variety of healthy food that include raw fruits and veggies, will give you shiny, strong, and long beautiful hair.
Here is a list of top five, quick and readily available foods to include in your diet.
1. Spinach is full of Vitamin A, iron, beta carotene, fol-ate and Vitamin C. They keep your scalp healthy and your hair moisturized and strong. It is great for dry brittle hair.
2. Cinnamon in tea, cereal, toast, cake or even in your coffee. Cinnamon helps with blood flow or circulation, bringing oxygen and nutrients to your hair follicles.
3. Food full of Protein help in hair elasticity and keeps hair from snapping and breaking when pulled. Protein and iron needs are covered when you eat eggs. Eggs are usually used in protein masks for hair to help moisturize and strengthen from the outside. From the inside the Vitamin B usually called Biotin helps hair grow strong. It also helps strengthen brittle nails.
4. Sweet potatoes are full of anti-oxidants called beta carotene that your body turns into Vitamin A. This protects against dry, dull hair and encourages the production of sebum, your scalps natural oil.
5. Nuts are packed with essential fats, Vitamin E and B. Vitamin helps prevent hair loss.
6. Water and plenty of it. Fluids helps in blood circulation and delivery of nutrients. A cup of tea, Cocoa or even a glass of red wine, depending on your mood.